How to Prepare Perfect Easy Ham and White Bean Soup
Easy Ham and White Bean Soup. "White Bean 'n' Ham Soup, for example is a winner on all three levels," she explains. "It's economical quick and yummy!" Bissy notes that while canned beans make this hearty main dish a fast fix, you can say money by soaking and cooking dry beans instead. Rinse the beans, sorting out any broken or discolored ones. In a large pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
Instead of using dried beans, a can (or two) of white beans is perfect. Within minutes, a pot of pantry-perfect soup is ready to be devoured. Best of all, freezing this soup is a fantastic way to save it for another rainy or hungry day. You can have Easy Ham and White Bean Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Ham and White Bean Soup
- It’s of soup.
- You need 2 can of great northern beans, drained and rinsec.
- You need 2 cup of pre cooked ham, cut into small cubes. Utilize your leftovers..
- Prepare 8 cup of vegetable stock, can use chicken. I used my pressure cooker stock.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots, cut on bias into 1/4 inch slices.
- You need 1 of parsnip, cut on bias into 1/4 inch slices.
- It’s 1 cup of onion, medium chop, can use green onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of corriander.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of mustard powder.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Video: Recipe for Easy Ham and White Bean Soup Put smoked ham hock, beans, and liquid together in large saucepan. Turn heat on to medium high. Turn heat down to medium low and cover with tilted lid to only cover partially. Cook, stirring occasionally until beans are very soft and meat is falling apart at least one hour.
Easy Ham and White Bean Soup instructions
- In large stock pot melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute carrots and parsnips for 3 minutes, then add onions..
- Cook 4 more minutes..
- Add in ham and stock. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Add coriander and mustard powder..
- Set soup to simmer and cook, covered for 20 minutes. Add beans and cook another 10 minutes..
- Serve hot with a good roll or bread..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Remove ham bone, bay leaf and thyme stems. Use a potato masher and smash some of the beans to thicken the soup. Pick ham from bone (if it didn't come off already) and add the ham to the soup. This soup is slow cooked until the beans and veggies are tender and the smoky ham bone has had plenty of time to permeate the white beans and broth with all of its savory deliciousness. And I'm telling you, this is one of those effortless recipes that takes ten minutes to toss into the slow cooker in the morning for a ready-made meal eat at.