Mike's Easy Egg Drop Soup. Heat chicken broth and green onions in a large pot over medium-high heat. My culinary specialties as an easy going Chef include Asian, Mexican, Cajun, BBQing, Grilling, Irish Pub food, Low Country foods, anything seafood related, extra spicy foods, fresh meat, extra fresh vegetables, US comfort, kid friendly and. Making these soups during the winter months would help warm up the kitchen as we started our day, and, oftentimes, I would have a small cup of wonton soup broth or egg drop soup to start the day.
A delicious and easy egg drop soup recipe. A great creation at Twisted Mikes. We love egg drop soup and this is one of our favorites. You can cook Mike's Easy Egg Drop Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Easy Egg Drop Soup
- It’s of Egg Drop Soup.
- It’s 2 large of Eggs [lightly beaten].
- You need 1 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth [with sodium].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Powdered Chicken Bouillon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Ginger Or 1/2 tsp Minced Ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fine Chopped Chives.
- Prepare 1 of Handfull Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare of Sides.
- Prepare 1 of Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Options.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cornstarch + 2 tbsp Water [option – to thicken].
- You need 1 of Handfull Fresh Spinach.
- You need 1 of Handfull Kelp.
We have listed below the link to the cute bowls for our egg. Slowly stir the paste into the chicken stock before adding the eggs. Proceed with the rest of the directions. We start many stir-fry meals with this easy egg drop soup, which cooks in just a few minutes.
Mike's Easy Egg Drop Soup instructions
- Place everything in a small pot except for eggs and cilantro. Bring to a boil..
- At boil, add lightly beaten eggs slowly. Drop by drop and make strands with them. Boil until cooked. About 1 minute at a high boil. Try adding fresh spinach and/or kelp at this point if you can get away with it. I couldn't..
- Slowly add cornstarch at this point if you want to thicken your soup. Your soup will thicken as it boils..
- Add fresh cilantro and serve hot with Soy Sauce..
There are many recipe variations, but we like the addition of cornstarch to thicken the soup and give it a rich, golden color. I got the recipe from Grandma's old cookbook. —Amy Beth Corlew-Sherlock, Lapeer, Michigan How to make keto egg drop soup. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Next, heat the broth and soy sauce in a small saucepan. You can add the cornstarch to help keep the eggs in larger lumps in the soup.