How to Make Appetizing Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup
Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup. Even those who don't like mushrooms like this soup! I've found it's a great first course when I have friends over. Mushroom Onion Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Trim mushrooms and cut into slices. Peel garlic and squeeze through a press into the soup and season. This hearty vegetarian soup recipe combines the natural sweetness of caramelized onions with the nutty flavor of wild rice. You can cook Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup
- Prepare of Onion Mushroom Soup.
- You need 8 cup of Varied Mushrooms [halved-baby portabella-white-brown-wild].
- It’s 1 of Extra Large White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 1 cup of Quality Dry White Wine [reserve half].
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Minced Garlic [+ 2 reserve cloves].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green Onions [chopped].
- You need 1 box of Lipton Onion Soup [use both packets in box].
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dehydrated Onions.
- Prepare 1 dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 box (32 oz) of Beef Broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Parsley [added last].
- Prepare 1 of large Bay Leaf.
- It’s of Breads.
- It’s 1 loaf of Dense Bread [your choice-toasted].
- Prepare of Fresh Croutons.
- Prepare of Soup Thickeners [flour or starch].
- It’s 4 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Corn Starch [+ 1 tablespoon water].
Stir mushrooms and carrots into onion mixture. The secret to great tasting recipes. Great for burgers, meatloaves, and many more recipes. Lipton Recipe Secrets Beefy Onion is a soup & dip mix with a classic beefy onion flavor.
Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup step by step
- Add butter, olive oil, onions, garlic, thyme, both packages of Lipton Onion Soup Mix and 1/2 of your cup of white wine to a heated pot. Cook about 3 minutes or until onions are just slightly translucent. Be careful to not burn your garlic. Cover and let sweat for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and other 1/2 cup wine and whisk into onion mixture. You're thickening your soup with this mixture. Know you might need a bit more oil..
- Wash your mushrooms with a damp cloth. Half or quarter your mushrooms; depending upon how large they are. You'll want your halves or quarters fairly large and plump. Add your mushrooms to the pot and stir. Steam covered for 3 minutes in onions mixture. Stir regularly..
- Add everything else [except breads, corn starch or reserved garlic cloves] to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Toast your 1" thick slices of crustini bread. You'll definitely want very dense or heavy bread with this soup. While your bread is still warm, smear your fresh garlic cloves on your crusty bread and watch them melt! That's it. Nothing else. Just thick slices of garlic bread meant to be dipped in your soup..
- If you feel you'd like to thicken your soup more., Try corn starch. Mix 2 tablespoons starch to 1 tablespoon water. Mix well. Add 1/2 of it to your simmering pot and stir well. Let simmer for 1 minute. Add the other half if need be..
- Throw in your fresh parsley about 45 seconds before service. Pull Bay Leaf..
- Serve soup piping hot with tons of warm garlic crustini bread or fresh croutons. You don't want to run out of bread so make extra if need be. Enjoy!.
This versatile pantry staple is the secret ingredient to great-tasting recipes. In a large bowl, pour th inion soup, gravy mix & garlic powder to taste. Layer with onions, then sweet potatoes then pork chops, gravy, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, onions, mushrooms and rest of gravy. Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup -Easy curry soup -Chicken & dumpling soup -Classic homemade tomato soup -Broccoli and Three cheddar -Cream of tomato soup -Golden Onion and mushroom soup -Best Ramen Soup from Scratch -Potato Soup -Chicken noodle soup -Spicy Chicken Noodle. Add mushrooms and garlic to reserved drippings,. stirring once.