Recipe: Appetizing Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup
Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup. I'd recommend you purchasing all of your ingredients from your local Asian market. The prices are usually much cheaper and fresher as well. This recipe has a stuffing made by me (not Chinese), you can change it for a more traditional stuffing..
It is not very difficult to make, just a little time consuming but you will find the dumplings worthwhile. A kind of dim sum or snack item, as well as a kind of xiaochi or small eat, Xiaolongbao is steamed bun (baozi) from eastern China, especially the regions of Shanghai and Wuxi. Din Tai Fung is an award-winning restaurant in Taipei. – Place everything on nonstick pan and cook til soften, on medium heat, adding low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, freshly cracked black pepper, and Vegeta powder, to taste. – Stir in a little dried . You can have Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup
- You need of 3 Pepper Soup Broth.
- It’s 2 box of 32 oz Beef Broth [with sodium].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Quality Fish Sauce [like Thai Kitchen brand].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Siracha Garlic Chile Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 6 clove of Garlic [smashed whole & chopped].
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves for serving &/or garnish].
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Chives [chopped at angle + reserves for serving &/or garnish].
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Fresh Parsley [chopped].
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Thai Basil [+ reserves for serving & garnish].
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Oyster Mushrooms [rough chop].
- It’s 1 of 1" Piece Fresh Ginger [left whole in pot].
- Prepare 1 of 1" Piece Fresh Diakon Radish [left whole in pot].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fine Chopped Lemon Grass [or 1 tablespoon fresh].
- It’s 2 large of Fresh Jalapeños [round slice + reserves].
- Prepare 2 large of Fresh Habeneros [fine choped].
- It’s 8 of Thai Chilies [stems removed – chilies left whole].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- Prepare of Steamed Buns.
- Prepare 4 of Oversized Frozen Beef Steamed Buns [12 oz 4 count].
Tested, no-fail electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot and stovetop pressure cooker recipes, sorted by the main ingredient. Can't find a recipe you need? Let us know in the forums! If you'd like to view every article and recipe published, browse them with the news feed view.
Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup instructions
- Chop up all of your fresh vegetables. Always wear gloves to chop your chiles..
- Add everything in the 3 Chile Soup Broth category [except for any reserves listed for serving or garnishing] and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes covered. Then, turn off heat..
- Pull your 1"diakon radish and your 1" ginger pieces from pot. Fine chop 1 tablespoon from each piece and place back in pot..
- Add any fresh reserves [at any amount you desire] to your pot and cover. No heat required. You'll want this dish layered with some crisp to your soup..
- ● Turn your broth back on to a simmer. ● You have 2 options at this stage. You can steam your frozen buns for 15 to 20 minutes or, you can microwave them separately for 2 minutes each as per manufactures directions. Steaming is much better tho..
- To steam: ● Place buns on steaming rack. ● Fill bottom of a pot with 1" water. ● Bring to a heavy boil. ● Turn down to medium low heat and gently place steaming basket and buns inside. Make sure water isn't touching your buns. ● Cover pot with a tight fitting lid and steam for 15 to 20 minutes. ● Check intermittently to make sure they're still steaming. Don't lift lid tho. You'll be able to see the stream rising from the side of your lid..
- ● Prepare to plate. ● Gently lift bun from steamer. ● Place in your serving bowl first. ● Ladle hot broth into bowl around your bun. ● Garnish bowl as you desire. Or, serve with fresh herbs and vegetables and allow your guests to garnish. ● Also, serve along with fish and Soy sauce. A good idea is to fill soup spoons with additional Siracha Garlic Chile Sauce. ● Serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Chinese soup dumplings, sometimes also referred to as Shanghai Soup Dumplings, xiaolongbao, tang bao, or "soupy buns" (as it is hilariously translated on some menus), are a steamed dumpling consisting of a paper thin wrapper enveloping a seasoned pork filling and hot, flavorful soup. Each dumpling is pleated with many folds. Heard about Trader Joe's frozen dumpling section so decided to try it. I guess you'd like to discover more authentic Chinese food. Here is the full list of my recipes.