Recipe: Delicious *Pancake* soup (savory crepes)
*Pancake* soup (savory crepes). Crepes are great to make ahead and stuff with your favourite fillings – sweet or savoury! Give your pancakes a savoury twist with our ideas for toppings and fillings. We've got ham and cheese wraps, salmon crêpes, spiced potato pancakes and more.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page. Try this vegan Pancake Soup – they are like savory pancakes! You can cook *Pancake* soup (savory crepes) using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of *Pancake* soup (savory crepes)
- Prepare of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 small of whole chicken.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- It’s 3 large of Carrots.
- You need 4 stick of celery.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of black pepper.
- You need 1 of drizzle of olive oil.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of pancakes.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of crack of black pepper per pancake.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter to lightly grease the pan.
Especially great for the colder months. The process is pretty much like making crepes. But once they're done, you roll them in and cut them in stripes. Those will come into the soup later on.
*Pancake* soup (savory crepes) instructions
- Drizzle olive oil into a large saucepan. Quarter the chicken and begin to fry on a low heat. Chop up Carrots, onions and celery into bitesize chunks and add to pan. Stir frequently to avoid sticking..
- After a few minutes of frying, add salt and pepper. Now add three cups of water and allow to simmer for an hour. Stir frequently to avoid sticking..
- Whilst broth is cooking, combine the flour, water, milk, eggs, melted butter and salt into a food processor and blend for 30 seconds or so untill combined into a runny batter. Cover and leave to rest in a cool place for at least 30 mins..
- Lightly grease a small frying pan and pre-heat on a medium-low burner. Stir the batter one last time before using a ladle to pour into the frying pan. Lift the pan off the heat and roll the batter around the pan so it evenly coats in a thin layer. They only need around 50 seconds to cook each side, so flip and check underside with a spatula. Stack cooked pancakes on a plate with layers of hand tissue between to absorb excess butter and prevent sticking..
- Once you have made two pancakes per person, prepare bowls and remove chicken quarters and some of the larger vegetables from the stock and put to one side (this is great with fresh bread and butter for seconds or for another day). In each pancake sprinkle a small pinch of black pepper and an even layer of grated parmesan (you can use peccorino it's just as nice) and roll up and place into the bowls. Once all the pancake rolls are in, pour the broth over them untill they are submerged..
Apparently Pancake Soup (or "Frittaten Suppe") is just made from leftover pancakes from dessert the night before. Austrian pancakes are thinner than American pancakes or flapjacks, they're more like an ever so slightly thicker crepe and are served for dessert spread with jam and rolled up. This savory soup is made with beef broth, vegetables and shredded crêpes. Flädlesuppe in German is translated to pancake soup in English, because the main ingredients in this traditional soup are thin, shredded pancakes! The Best Savory Crepes Recipes on Yummly