Recipe: Tasty Simple vegetable broth soup
Simple vegetable broth soup. Heat oil in a soup pot. Add onion, celery, carrots, scallions, garlic, parsley, thyme, and bay leaves. Combine the vegetables with the remaining ingredients in a soup pot or stock pot.
It took a little extra time than a normal vegetable broth does to make (due to roasting the vegetables) but the result is so rich in flavor—I can't see myself using my old broth recipe ever again. It is great for sipping to warm you on a cold day. Or, use it as a base for another dish. You can cook Simple vegetable broth soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple vegetable broth soup
- You need 10 cup of water.
- You need 1 packages of vegetable boullion cube.
- You need 2 large of carrots.
- It’s 3 each of celery stalks.
- Prepare 1/2 head of cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 2 each of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground black pepper.
You can use this homemade vegetable broth to make vegetarian soup, gravy, risotto, stew, stir-fry, and more. Your vegetable broth will keep for three to four days in the refrigerator. It's healthy, packed with vegetables and Italian herbs and spices. My mom has the most INCREDIBLE hearty vegetable soup recipe ever!
Simple vegetable broth soup instructions
- Fill a large pot with the water set on high heat burner..
- Add vegetable boullion cube and let dissolve in boiling water..
- Chop carrots into bite-sized pieces and add to the pot..
- Chop celery into bite-sized pieces and add to the pot..
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and add to pot..
- Chop onion roughly into bite-sized pieces and add to pot..
- Add bay leaves and let simmer on medium heat..
- Turn down to low heat, add salt and pepper and let simmer until vegetables are softened..
I have tried many other recipes in the past but nothing ever comes close to this family version. Tips for healthy vegetable soup: -Use low sodium broth. Many recipes touting to be vegetable soup also contain chicken or beef stock as a base. Not here—this is a recipe for true vegetable soup, from scratch, that any vegetarian or vegan can enjoy. Making a great vegetable soup is a skill a home chef should have in his or her cooking repertoire.