Recipe: Yummy Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup
Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup. Potato Leek Soup is a classic! Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. To make this soup, cook chopped leeks in a little butter, then add diced potatoes, stock, and herbs.
Cozy and comforting, Potato Leek Soup combines potatoes, leeks and broth for a simple homemade soup the whole family will love! This is the kind of soup that is so simple to make yet tastes like you really know your way around the kitchen. I grew up loving this classic soup as a kid. You can have Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup
- It’s 2 kg of Pumpkin.
- Prepare 2 medium of potatoes.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of leek.
- It’s 1 1/2 liter of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 300 ml of cooking cream.
- You need 5 grams of fresh chives.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Leek and Potato Soup, made with healthy vegetables and creamy potatoes, is rich and comforting without the need for heavy creams or butter. Perfect for lunch, dinner, or served as an easy holiday starter, you'll love this healthy Cauliflower Leek and Potato Soup. I am so excited to share this leek. Potato leek soup is seriously easy to make, the worst part is prepping the vegetables!
Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup step by step
- peel and dice the pumpkin into about 2cm chunks. you should end up with about 1.25 to 1.5kg of diced pumpkin.
- wash and slice the leek.
- peel and dice the potatoes into similar size chunks as the pumpkin.
- peel the 3 cloves of garlic but leave them whole..
- in a large pot or saucepan add the vegetable stock. you can either use ready made stock or 1.5lt of boiling water with the appropriate quantity of stock cubes..
- add the pumpkin, potato, leek, salt, pepper and garlic into the pot with the stock and allow to simmer until all ingredients cooked through and soft. remember to keep stirring every 5 minutes or so..
- while the vegetables are cooking, finely chopped the chives and add half into the pan with the vegetables to allow to cook with them. keep the other half for garnish..
- once the vegetables are cooked use either a stick blender to blend into a liquid or use a blender then transfer back into the pot..
- turn the heat down to low and stir in the cooking cream until mixed through..
- ready to serve. you can use prewarmed bowls if you like and garnish each serving with a little of the remaining chives. always nice to serve with some toasted bread chunks..
Fry the leeks in a large stock pot in butter until soft, trying not to brown any of the leeks in the process. Potato leek soup is a classic soup that our family has made for generations. Leeks have a mild onion-like flavor, which is perfectly paired with the naturally sweet starches found in potatoes. This inseparable combo is intensified with a delicious chicken stock (if you're vegetarian. Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy French soup that's cosy and comforting and also ideal Potatoes – use starchy or all rounders, they fall apart when simmered which means less blending for So easy to make and garlic croutons finish it off to perfection.