Recipe: Perfect Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional)
Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional). Pour Mixed egg and cook both side until golden ( cut it in to middium piece ) set as side. See great recipes for Charcoal grill flavour EASY Kofta, Kebab, Meatball too! A traditional treatment for fish that simply contrasts sweet, hot and sour flavor elements.
First the simple part: deep fry about a pound of mackerel or whiting, preferably. Known in Thai as nam pla, this seasoning is a pungent brine made from fermenting fish with salt. Check the label: it should contain only anchovies, salt and water. You can have Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional) using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional)
- It’s 400 grams of Steamed Mackerel.
- You need 2 liter of water.
- You need 4 tbsp of Plam sugar or Brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sliced Shallot.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Julienned Ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Tamarind Juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce.
Broccoli with Garlic, Gai Lan with Ginger Sauce, and Morning Glory with Shrimp Paste and Chilis – we'll be using these three dishes to illustrate three flavor profiles that you can apply to almost. To make the marinade, mix all the ingredients together and pour over the mackerel. Heat grill and put the mackerel, skin-side up, on a baking sheet lined with foil. You've just mastered your first three Thai words! "The traditional tom yum broth was a clear soup or nam sai which becomes slightly richer in taste and more viscous with the help of fat from prawns' heads," says Chef Chumpol Jangprai of R.
Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional) instructions
- Heat the pot over the moderate heat add shallot and shrimp paste stir until lightly brown and then add fish sauce, sugar simmer 1-2 mins.
- Pour water into the pot add steamed mackerel, ginger, lime juice, tamarind juice simmer 30 mins……..Enjoy.
Slash the mackerel skin a few times with a sharp knife. Scatter over the spring onions, coriander and extra chillies, then squeeze over the lime wedges. This special Thai soup is based on an ancient recipe from the Central Plains region of Thailand, where rice, fish, and vegetables are the common local ingredients. It is a fiery-hot soup with both sour and sweet overtones that make for a lively combination, especially when paired with fish and/or seafood. Find the best pad thai, green curry and other Thai dishes at Little Serow, Night + Market, Pok Pok and more restaurants in Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Portland.