How to Prepare Appetizing Tomato soup – simple and savory
Tomato soup – simple and savory.
You can cook Tomato soup – simple and savory using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato soup – simple and savory
- It’s 8 of nice plump tomatoes.
- It’s 3/4 cup of small diced celery with some of the leaves.
- It’s 3/4 cup of small diced onion.
- It’s 3 clove of s of fresh garlic minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of marsala/red cooking wine.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper/pepper.
- It’s 1 of Sugar to taste if desired.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream, optional.
- You need 2 of or 3 fresh basil leaves julienned.
Tomato soup – simple and savory instructions
- Clean tomatoes and cut into quarters and puree in blender, leave in blender.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in saucepan on low-med heat, saute celary and onions then add the garlic..
- If you want your soup chunky add tomato puree to saucepan. If you want smooth soup add saute mixture to blender and puree all together to desired texture.
- Pour puree into saucepan, rinse blender with a bit of water and add to saucepan. Add red wine and simmer for 10 min or so.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you desire it creamy, remove from heat, stir in the baking soda (it will foam a bit) then slowly add the cream and stir..
- Garnish with basil and ENJOY!.