Recipe: Yummy Easy Loaded Potato Soup
Easy Loaded Potato Soup. Loaded potato soup is the ultimate cozy dinner idea, and this one is so easy to make! It's all that's great about a baked potato, remade as a healthy soup. Who could pass that up? (I mean, really!) This one is impossibly creamy with intermittent potato chunks, using no heavy.
Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, season with salt and cook until tender then drain. That starch is released as the potatoes cook in the broth, becoming part of the underpinning of a rich, thick soup. Think outside of the bowl for serving up soup. You can have Easy Loaded Potato Soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Loaded Potato Soup
- It’s 1 packages of Frozen Oreida Cut Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 cup of Milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 stick of Butter.
- It’s 5 slice of Bacon.
- It’s 8 oz of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Green Onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & Pepper.
Can You Freeze Easy Cheesy Loaded Potato Soup? Because of the cream in the soup base, this soup doesn't freeze very well. This is one soup that is absolutely best when served fresh, or reheated within a couple of days. Plus, it's so delicious that rarely do we have leftovers.
Easy Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Measure, chop and set aside your ingredients.
- In a skillet cook the bacon and place on paper towel saving the bacon grease.
- In a med. sized stock pot or sauce pan, pour in bacon grease and butter heating to medium.
- Whisk in the flour to brown, cooking the flour for about 1.5 mintues.
- You should now have a nice base/roux to start slowly adding your milk into.
- Slowly add in your milk as the base thickens cooking for about 2 minutes, then add your potatoes and green onions and bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- Once the potatoes have become tender, add the sour cream, shredded cheese, salt & pepper and continue to let the pot simmer until the desired thickness of your soup is reached. You can add more milk to lighten the consistency.
- Add a few pieces of crumbled bacon to the soup just before serving.
- Once the bowls are filled, garnish with additional bacon crumbles, green onions and shredded cheese. ENJOY!.
Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. Easy recipes and cooking hacks right to your inbox. If you like loading your baked potatoes will all those delish dairy ingredients, then you'll love this soup recipe, too! Loaded Baked Potato Soup – All the flavors of a loaded baked potato comes together in this comforting soup!