Recipe: Yummy Chicken Spaetzle Soup (EASY 30 Minute Meal)
Chicken Spaetzle Soup (EASY 30 Minute Meal).
You can have Chicken Spaetzle Soup (EASY 30 Minute Meal) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Spaetzle Soup (EASY 30 Minute Meal)
- You need of Initially boiled together.
- It’s 1 large of soup pot.
- You need 10 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of cubed chicken (I prefer half breast / half thigh -for flavor).
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic paste or equivalent fresh garlic to taste.
- You need 2 tsp of minced oregano (FRESH is Highly Recommended).
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt (I prefer Kosher/Sea salt).
- You need of ground pepper (I prefer fresh ground peppercorns).
- Prepare of Fresh veggies, etc.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of large diced carrots or whole baby carrots.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of large chopped celery.
- It’s of Once Boiling Begins.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chicken Better Than Bouillon or equivalent (**Diluted broth is NOT a substitute**).
- Prepare 1 packages of 12 to 16 ounce, Dry Uncooked Spaetzle (available in most groceries, sometimes in the Kosher section).
- It’s of Optional "To Taste" , prior to serving.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter (**This ingredient is OPTIONAL**).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of lemon or lime for a little extra zesty flavor (**OPTIONAL ingredient**).
Chicken Spaetzle Soup (EASY 30 Minute Meal) instructions
- Cube chicken.
- In large soup pot, combine ALL "Initially Boiled Together" ingredients and bring to a boil…
- While bringing pot to boil, cut/prepare vegetables and spices..
- Once pot reaches boil, add "Fresh Veggies" and items from "Once Boiling Begins" and return to a boil..
- Once Boiling is reached again, reduce heat and maintain an UNCOVERED low boil..
- Set timer for 15 minutes while stirring pot regularly and monitoring soup to make sure low boil is maintained and ingredients are not sticking to bottom of pot..
- Once timer rings, check Spaetzle for desired consistency (firm al dente is optimal in my experience, as the Spaetzle will continue to soften as it cools in pot). If needed, cook an additional 1 to 3 minutes or as your desired consistency requires. PLEASE REMEMBER to stop cooking the Spaetzle when it is moderately more firm than your desired finished consistency..
- Turn off burner and remove pot from heat..
- Once you have checked the Spaetzle, carefully taste the broth and add salt or pepper to taste. At this point, prior to serving, you may add the butter and/or the lemon/lime juice to taste..
- Serve and enjoy. We enjoy hearty French and Sourdough breads with the soup as well..