Recipe: Delicious Easy Carrot Soup
Easy Carrot Soup. Combine carrots, chicken broth, and onion in a large pot. Pour enough water into the pot to assure the ingredients are covered; add garlic, thyme, and tarragon. Real talk, though—carrots are not only good for you, but they are one of my favorite bases for an easy soup.
The carrots cook together with aromatics like onions, garlic and fresh herbs before being puréed into a silky smooth soup that's delicious for dinner or packed up for lunch. When it was done cooking, I put it in the Vitamix in batches to puree it and that made it so smooth it was like cream of carrot soup but without the milk or cream. This recipe for Carrot Soup makes a great addition to Easter dinner but it also happens to be one of my favorite soup recipes all year long! You can cook Easy Carrot Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Carrot Soup
- You need 500 grams of Chantenay Carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 of White onion.
- You need 1 small of garlic clove.
- Prepare 2 small of tomatoes/one large.
- You need 1 of Vegetable stock cube.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cream (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of Chinese 5 spice (optional).
- It’s of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
Carrots are root vegetables so they are great for winter soups and stews, but they are also sweet, and bright, and full of flavor which makes them perfect for Spring. The perfect way to warm up on a chilly day. This recipe is simple and easy to do – add a tablespoon of creme fraiche before serving, if you like. Easy peasy carrot and coriander soup Curried Carrot and Potato Soup Curried Potato and Carrot Soup.
Easy Carrot Soup instructions
- From the tops of the carrots and boil in salted water until al dente.
- Chop tomatoes, onion and garlic in to quarters and add to carrots along with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- After a couple of minutes add the made up vegetable stock, and fill up with extra water to just cover the vegetables.
- Add a level teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning and the Chinese 5 spice if using, and boil for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Blend using a hand blender/processor until completely smooth, season well, then add cream/milk to loosen if desired.
We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. A quick and easy way to puree this soup is with a simple hand blender. It's how I've made this soup for years. But, if there was ever a time to break out the serious blender, this is it.