How to Prepare Tasty Easy Lentil Soup
Easy Lentil Soup. A soup this easy to make should not taste this good; it should require a grocery list a mile long, your knife Wholesome and satisfying, this vegetarian lentil soup is how to reboot after a season of. This classic recipe is ultra thick, hearty, and made with just. This is our easy lentil soup recipe, perfect for weekday evenings.
I loved that this soup was so quick and easy. Lentil soup recipes can range from superhearty to watery and tasteless. My family loves lentils and specifically lentil soup and I feel like I have to cook soups like this Easy Lentil Potato Soup more often. You can have Easy Lentil Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Lentil Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of lentils, washed and picked over.
- It’s 5 cup of water, or vegetable broth and water combination.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped carrot.
- You need 1 of green onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried herbs (oregano, thyme blend).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt, (I ended up adding a little more as I kept adding broth/water. adjust accordingly to your liking).
- Prepare of pepper.
This Easy Slow Cooker Lentil and Potato Chili is one of our favorite. For a bowl of hearty comfort, try Alton Brown's Lentil Soup recipe, spiced with coriander and cumin, from Good Eats on Food Network. Easy Lentil Soup recipe prepared in one pot with potatoes, carrots & greens. Made with heart healthy ingredients, this soup is filled with flavor & comfort.
Easy Lentil Soup instructions
- Chop up green onion, onion, garlic, celery, and carrot..
- Add olive oil and butter to large pot and heat on medium-low. When you see it start slightly bubbling, add in onions, celery, garlic, and carrots..
- Let it all simmer about 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Add in cumin, herbs, curry, a good pinch of salt, and pepper. Let it simmer another couple of minutes..
- Add in lentils and stir frequently to coat with the vegetable spice mixture for a couple minutes..
- Add in water, cover, and reduce heat to low. Let it cook for about 40-60 minutes or until the lentils are tender and a nice flavor has developed. You will need to give it a stir about every 10 minutes and check on the amount of water. You may want more or less depending on if you want something more soupy or more like a stew consistency. I added in a couple cups of water/broth at a time until I had the consistency I liked. Enjoy!.
Add kale and stir into soup until wilted and bright green. Remove from heat, add a squeeze of lime juice, and season as needed. This lentil soup is easy and delicious. Though the recipe calls for carrots, potatoes, and spinach View image. Easy Spinach Lentil Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet.