How to Cook Yummy Simple Bitter Melon Soup
Simple Bitter Melon Soup. Wash and scoop out seeds and insides of bitter melon, sliced and add to boiling broth, then add mushrooms. Keep the chopped cilantro leaves to top the soup when serving. Bitter melon soup has cooling and anti-inflammatory effects and helps the body to detox and lower cholesterol.
Remove the seed and white pith from the center of the bitter melon discs. You can scoop it out with a metal spoon, but it is easier to just use a pairing knife and simply carve it out. Discard seeds and pith and set aside melon discs. You can have Simple Bitter Melon Soup using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Bitter Melon Soup
- You need 3 of bitter melon sliced.
- Prepare 1 c. of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 c. of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of veg. bouillon.
Today I'm going to make bitter melon soup. My sister and mom made this soup all of the time and I grew accustomed to it. The bitter taste is what made it unique. Its unusual bitter flavor is on par with strong, unsweetened tea.
Simple Bitter Melon Soup step by step
- In small to medium pot, boil 3-4 c. Water, add bouillon..
- Wash and scoop out seeds and insides of bitter melon, sliced and add to boiling broth, then add mushrooms..
- Cook for 5 min, add chopped cilantro stems. Keep the chopped cilantro leaves to top the soup when serving. Add pinch of ground pepper as needed..
The soup's bitter flavor will mellow with a day's refrigeration. Filling each cut bitter melon with chicken mince mixture. Heat up water in a saucepan until boiled. Garnish with fresh coriander and fried shallot. Bitter melon taste "bitter," just as the name suggests.