Jeremiah's 3 Sisters Soup. It has a wonderful ham and beans quality to it. It could easily be made in a crockpot. This latest batch was a little bland so if you like a little kick to your soups, maybe add some paprika or spice of your choice.
This is actually a Native American recipe and the three "sisters" refer to corn, beans and squash! Three Sisters soup is a filling and nutrient rich delicious recipe that you can whip up in large amounts after the harvest – and then preserve so it can be enjoyed all winter long. Sister Soups & Dry Mixes is a unique blend of delicious dry mixes ready for any occasion. You can have Jeremiah's 3 Sisters Soup using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jeremiah's 3 Sisters Soup
- You need 1 lb of (bag) dry pinto beans.
- You need 2 of acorn squash, mashed.
- Prepare 1 lb of (bag) frozen sweet corn.
- You need 1 lb of (package) bacon, diced.
- Prepare 2 qt. of (large can) chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bulb garlic, diced.
Our spices are that of a family home recipe created in the growing town of Clever, Missouri by the sisters themselves! All Recipes – Three Sisters Soup. How does this food fit into your daily goals? The Three Sisters Soup recipe is a traditional Native American recipe from the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) nation.
Jeremiah's 3 Sisters Soup instructions
- Soak soup beans overnight..
- Place the dry beans and broth in a large pan on low and simmer..
- Cut the squash in half and clean out the seeds..
- Bake in a dish with one inch of water until squash is tender..
- Remove from rind, mash, and add to soup..
- Add the diced bacon to a cold pan and heat to medium rendering off the fat. Add bacon bits to soup..
- In the grease, brown the onion and garlic and add to the soup..
- Add the corn and cook covered until beans are tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cornbread..
The term "Three Sisters" refers to the three main crops of some North American tribes: maize (corn), squash, and beans. The three plants were planted close together and like close sisters, aided one another in their respective. This Vegetable Soup uses the three plants Native Americans would plant together. I use corn, squash and beans for a great soup full of healthful fiber. The Three Sisters Soup recipe is a traditional Native American recipe from the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) nation.