Easy cream of mushroom soup. My daughter-in-law, a gourmet cook, served this cream of mushroom soup recipe as the first course for a holiday dinner. She received the recipe from her mom and graciously shared it with me. This easy homemade cream of mushroom soup is creamy without a lot of cream!
Of course when we were growing up it was Campbell's and it came in a can. This classic cream of mushroom soup recipe is one of those. There are not a lot of recipes you can say that about! You can cook Easy cream of mushroom soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy cream of mushroom soup
- You need 16 oz of sliced mushrooms, chopped into pieces (as small as you like).
- It’s 4 Tbs of onions, chopped.
- You need 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4-6 Tbs of butter.
- Prepare 6 Tbs of flour, divided.
- You need 32 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 c (1 pint) of cream (either light or heavy depending on preference).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
Cook's Notes for Easy Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup. What you get is a Serve the cream of mushroom soup steaming hot garnished with parsley or coriander leaves or. It is so simple to make and everything is in a light cream broth so you still get some creaminess without the heaviness of many cream soups. This recipe was shared with us.
Easy cream of mushroom soup instructions
- Cut mushrooms into slices..
- In a separate bowl mix cream, and the with 2 Tbs flour and all seasonings. Blend thoroughly and set aside..
- In a 3 Qt pot, melt butter. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft..
- Blend 4 Tbs flour in the mushroom mixture and blend..
- Add chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened, while stirring frequently..
- Stir cream mixture into the mushroom soup mixture. Heat to thicken, stirring frequently..
- When soup is creamy with no visible irregularities, it is ready to eat. Enjoy!.
Cream of mushroom soup often relies on a lot more than just cream and mushrooms. Because this ingredient list is so sparse, the salt is key in making the mushrooms taste mushroom-y and the cream taste creamy. Now, if you're thinking: Who knew mushroom stock was so easy? Mushroom soup recipes are a great way to use your fungal leftovers. They're nutritious, creative, and can be as easy or complex as you desire!