Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. This homemade chicken gnocchi soup is the perfect comfort food… creamy, hearty and delicious! There's something about a bowl of creamy and delicious soup that does the trick every time.
It combines gnocchi, onions, celery, carrots, spinach and chicken into a creamy broth. Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup has a thick and rich broth with shredded carrots, celery, chopped spinach, gnocchi and chicken hidden throughout. This tastes even better than the Olive Garden! You can cook Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- It’s 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion – finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic – minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of half & half.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a rotisserie chicken (white and dark meat) – chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of (packed) fresh spinach – roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of package gnocchi.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
I just love the Italian flavors in the slow cooker pasta e fagioli soup or creamy zuppa toscana too, so be sure to give them a try! The Chicken and Gnocchi soup is going to taste like you spent hours at the stove making your family a delightful chicken and potato gnocchi soup. You can find the gnocchi in a couple of different places in your supermarket; my local stores sell shelf-stable potato gnocchi in the pasta isles. In a large stockpot set over medium heat, add butter.
Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup instructions
- Heat a 2 quart sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter and oil. As soon as butter melts add onion and garlic. Sautée until onion is translucent, stirring often..
- Wisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, wisking frequently..
- Wisk in chicken broth, half & half, thyme, celery seed, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, wisking frequently. Simmer until thickened. About 5 minutes..
- Stir in chicken, gnocchi, and spinach. Simmer 5 minutes more, stirring often. Taste, adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note1: This makes a hearty, thick soup. If you would like your soup a little thinner you can add up to 1 more cup of chicken broth..
- Note2: If you want to cut some of the fat you can replace 1 cup of half & half with milk. You could go with all milk, but then it wouldn't have the same richness..
This chicken gnocchi soup recipe is quick, easy, and comforting. The pillowy gnocchi melt in your mouth! This creamy chicken gnocchi soup is pretty quick when all is said and done. In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add a pasta-inspired twist to a comfort food favorite with this fast recipe for Easy Gnocchi Chicken Soup.