Recipe: Appetizing Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese
Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese. This grilled cheese and tomato soup dynamic duo just got a major upgrade from the shelf-stable stuff. Add chicken stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in cream cheese and basil.
Add tomatoes and juices, gently crushing whole tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Ladle soup in bowls, drizzle with a bit of cream (stir it in so it creates a pretty pattern), and garnish with basil leaves. Serve with grilled cheese bites on the side. You can have Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can diced tomatoes Basil and garlic and oregano or 3-4 regular size cans.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare Pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of Grilled cheese.
- You need of Bread.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Cheese.
Basil-Tomato Grilled Cheese Recipe photo by Taste of Home. On four slices of bread, layer mozzarella cheese and tomatoes; sprinkle with the basil, vinegar, salt and pepper. This Homemade Tomato Basil Soup, however, tops my list. Made with simple ingredients like tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onions, and basil, you Thinking back to my childhood, my mom would always serve tomato soup with a buttery grilled cheese sandwich.
Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese instructions
- In food processor or blender blend all the tomatoes. Many need to do in batches don’t over load..
- Add tomatoes in a pot or Instant pot/ ninja foodie..
- Add salt and pepper to taste, water, and chicken stock.cook until it bubbling, stirring occasionally. For instant pot use sautéed mode..
- Meanwhile make the grilled cheese, and when soup is done remove from heat and let cool down some. After all of the grilled cheese sandwich are all made… add in the 1/2 cup of heavy cream to the soup and blend it in well. Done ✅.
- Notes- if you don’t have any chicken stock, use 2 cups of water and 3 chicken bouillon cubes, that what I used I hardly ever have any stock..
While this is still my favorite way. Classic grilled cheese sandwiches with a kick. These are great with a bowl of tomato soup with a little basil added. Sprinkle dried basil and salt and pepper to taste. This Easy Tomato Basil Soup is for those times when I am feeling virtuous and when I don't have much time.