Recipe: Appetizing 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint
3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint. Be sure not to fill the blender more than halfway full or the soup will explode everywhere. Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a sprig of mint and serve the spring pea and mint soup alone. Add the green peas and a little bit of water and simmer until the peas are soft, but not mushy and the water reduces to half.
This dish is extremely easy to make and delicious. Peas and mint are perfect partners in this Fresh Green Pea Soup with Mint. The cool taste of tiny bits of fresh mint adds a touch of elegance to this lovely springtime soup. You can cook 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint
- You need 400 gr of Frozen Peas (or 350 gr Fresh Shelled Peas).
- You need 1 of Medium Potato Peeled and Diced.
- It’s 1 of Garlic Clove Smashed.
- Prepare 500 ml of Veg or Chicken Stock.
- You need 4 Tbs of Fresh Chopped Mint.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Lemon Or Better lime Juice.
- You need 1 Tsp of Sugar.
- You need 150 ml of Sour Cream.
- It’s 1 Bunch of Spring Onions – Trim and Chopped.
Plain yogurt replaces heavy cream for a lighter fare and gives the soup a slightly tangy flavor and a rich creaminess. Our nutritional traffic light explained. more nutritional values. Pea Soup with Langostinos and Mint. This pea and mint soup is the perfect healthy homemade option for lunch.
3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint instructions
- Put the Stock into a large Pan and bring to Boil – Add the Potatoes and Galic for 15 mins until Very Soft..
- Add Peas and simmer for 5 mins, Add rest of items apart from Sour cream then allow to Cool. Transfer into a blender or Food Processor and Blitz until as Smooth as you like..
- Add Half the Sour Cream and season to Taste.
- Chill to be heated later or Serve Cold (you may need add a little more stock as it will thicken). Add the Remaining Sour Cream and Garnish with a mint leaf..
Finish with a dollop of fat-free natural yogurt and stir into the soup for a tasty Garnish with mint leaves, if you like. Top tip for making Slimming World's green pea and mint soup. Serve with a slice of wholemeal. A minted pea purée on your plate is like a breath of spring, no matter what time of year you make it. The vibrant green color and the scent of the fresh mint make this a great accompaniment to many dishes.