Recipe: Yummy Oxtail Soup
Oxtail Soup. Oxtail is often used on its own to make beef stock for many soup recipes as it's known to be a gelatinous rich meat that is great for stews. There are several different regional versions of this dish; the British recipe is made with onions, carrots, celery, and thyme. In a stockpot, saute the oxtails, carrots, onion, celery, leeks and green pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender.
A lovely, heartwarming soup sure to please. This recipe is a good candidate for the slow-cooker if you don't want to simmer on top of the stove. If using a cast iron , only use about a Tablespoon of oil. You can cook Oxtail Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oxtail Soup
- Prepare 1 kg of oxtail.
- Prepare 10 of shallots.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of carrots (cut into 3 parts each).
- You need 1 of celery.
- You need 1/2 of ginger (sliced).
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
Remove the soup from the oven and leave to cool slightly, then lift the oxtail from the broth and shred the meat using two forks. Discard the bones and transfer the meat to a bowl. Sieve the liquid into another bowl, then cover and chill overnight. Remove and discard any fat that has solidified on top of the soup.
Oxtail Soup instructions
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Blend shallots and garlic.
- Sauteed the blended onion, then put on some nutmeg seeds..
- Put the onion paste into the boiling water, then add some sliced ginger on it..
- Add the oxtail in, bring to boil and tender. Or it might be cooked with slow cooker..
- Serve with celery, lime, fried shallot, and chilli paste..
Bring water up to a boil. Keep skimming off impurities while the water comes to a boil. When the water boils, dump the water. If you need more liquid, add water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.