Recipe: Yummy Chicken and Dumpling Soup
Chicken and Dumpling Soup. Every time I serve this type of soup, I remember my southern grandma, who was very special to me and was known as an outstanding cook. —Paulette Balda, Prophetstown, Illinois. Chicken and Dumplings Soup brings all the best qualities of Chicken and Dumplings together for the modern palate, leaving the gravy and heartburn in the past. We're having another Kitchen Conversation with Land O'Lakes!
I'm including a few tips to help you if you've also been in the intimidated-by-homemade-dumplings camp. The dumplings are made from a soft one-bowl batter. Chicken and dumplings is a soup that consists of a chicken cooked in water, with the resulting chicken broth being used to cook the dumplings by boiling. You can have Chicken and Dumpling Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- You need of Soup.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Dumplings.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of tblsp butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
Our All-Time Favorite Version Of One Of The Most Classic Soup Recipes – Chicken And Dumplings! This Simple, Delicious Soup Is Filled With Chunks Of Chicken And Pieces Of Biscuit, Along With Your Favorite Veggies! Drop dumpling mixture by rounded spoonfuls into boiling broth. This Chicken Noodle & Dumpling Soup is going to be on my menu all winter long, and I hope it makes it to yours as well!
Chicken and Dumpling Soup step by step
- Put chicken, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, peas, carrots, corn, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours..
- About half an hour before you’re ready to serve the soup, make the dumplings. Put the flour, sugar, salt, butter, baking powder, and milk in a bowl and mix together with a fork..
- Ladle some of the broth from the soup into a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Sometimes the soup is too thick to get enough broth, so I add an additional two cups of chicken broth before making the dumplings..
- Cook small clumps of the dumpling dough in the boiling broth. Cook about 4 minutes on each side until the inside is done..
- Add dumplings back to crockpot and serve..
If you are a soup fanatic like me, here are some other soups that make regular appearances at our house, especially during these cold winter months! Chicken and Dumplings hold such a special spot in my heart. Every time I stand over the pot, watching those little dumplings bobbing at the surface, I feel as if I'm sitting in my moms kitchen once again. I would eat the soup quickly, leaving the dumplings for last to savour nice and slowly. Traditional Chicken Soup made even better by the fluffiest buttermilk dumplings flavoured with herbs and garlic.