Chicken tortilla soup. Chicken Tortilla Soup Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on. particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. Peel and discard charred skins from tomatoes; place tomatoes in a blender. You can have Chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- You need 2 cups of chicken shredded.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of half and half.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cumin.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 packages of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 2 cans of rotel.
- It’s 2 cans of black beans drained n rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of white kidney beans drained n rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of great northern beans drained n rinsed.
- Prepare 2 cans of corn drained n rinsed.
- It’s 2 cans of cream style corn.
- Prepare 2 cups of cheese for garnish.
- You need Bag of tortilla strips for garnish.
When I see chicken tortilla soup on a restaurant menu, I get excited. There's something about the slightly spicy broth with tender chicken, the corn and black beans, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, and those addictively good tortilla strips on top that I can't resist. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams. It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds.
Chicken tortilla soup instructions
- Turn Crock-Pot on low.
- Add all ingredients except cheese tortilla strips half and half and cream style corn.
- Stir ingredients thoroughly.
- At end of cook cycle add cream style corn n half n half stir n let cook for half hour more.
- Serve with tortilla strips n cheese.
It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken, hearty black beans, sweet corn, fire roasted tomatoes, tangy green chiles, kickin' poblanos, creamy enchilada sauce and aromatic onions and garlic, seasoned to perfection and all topped with crispy, salty. Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired. The same is true of chicken tortilla soup. Travel up and down the west coast of North America, and you'll find hundreds of variations of chicken tortilla soup recipe. Slice the corn tortillas into thin strips and fry them in some vegetable oil until they are slightly crisp.