Recipe: Yummy Chicken noodle soup
Chicken noodle soup. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Pat chicken dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
If a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, surely chicken noodle soup is warm and wonderful in any language. A world-wide comfort food and widely touted cure-all, chicken soup is known in many languages: ajiaco in Columbia, hønsekødssuppe in Denmark, soto ayam in Indonesia, cappelletti in brood in Italy, sopas in the Philippines and rosól in Poland. If you have a couple hours, making chicken noodle soup entirely from scratch is the way to go. You can have Chicken noodle soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken noodle soup
- It’s 1/2 of onion, choppped.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, sliced.
- You need 4 stalks of celery, sliced.
- It’s 16 oz of corn.
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 (1 quart) of boxes chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s To taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh (or dry) parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of package egg noodles.
All you need is a whole chicken (cut into parts), water, celery, onions, and carrots, seasonings, and egg noodles. Remove the chicken to a board and shred into bite-size pieces using a couple of forks. Literally the BEST Chicken Noodle Soup has thick chicken chunks, sliced carrots and celery, wide noodles soaking in a smooth chicken broth filled with flavorful seasonings and cooked to perfection. A warm and comforting soup this winter!
Chicken noodle soup step by step
- Add carrots, onion, celery, chicken breast, chicken stock, bay leaves, and all the spices to crock pot. Turn crock pot on low setting for 8 hours..
- Check chicken at 4 and 6 hours. When cooked through, pull out and shred. Cover with foil and set aside..
- Add egg noodles to crock pot and turn heat to high. Heat until noodles are cooked through..
- Return shredded chicken to crock pot and add corn. Let cook until everything is heated through. Taste and add more salt & pepper if needed..
- All done!.
Warm up to this savory soup this winter time. If you love soup here are your classic soup recipes to try Tomato Basil Soup, The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup. This classic chicken noodle soup is simple to make in less than an hour with ingredients you already have in your pantry. It's loaded with chicken & herbs. This chicken noodle soup is a life saver when the whole family.