Recipe: Yummy Vegan Cabbage Soup
Vegan Cabbage Soup. Cabbage soup, a tasty and easy way to include more vegetables into your diet. It's low in calories, but extremely flavorful. This vegetarian cabbage soup recipe makes a massive pot from some of the cheapest I had half a cabbage leftover from the vegan coleslaw I made for my banana peel vegan pulled pork sandwich.
Start by dicing a large Yellow Onion and add it to a LARGE Stock pot. Vegan Cabbage Soup – full of all the good stuff, with none of the bad stuff, and only costing pennies per. This Spicy Vegetarian Cabbage Soup recipe is chock-full of healthy veggies, it's naturally vegan and gluten-free, and so hearty and delicious. You can cook Vegan Cabbage Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Cabbage Soup
- It’s 1 of red cabbage, chopped.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- It’s 5 of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 package of mushrooms, your choice, chopped.
- It’s 8-9 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 5-7 cups of water.
A simple vegan cabbage potato soup recipe made with just a handful of humble ingredients: cabbage, potatoes, onions, caraway and dill and garnished with smoky crispy tempeh! Comforting soups that simmer all day long are staples on cool, busy days. For a heartier version of this vegan cabbage soup, stir in canned beans like cannellini or navy beans. Looking for the perfect vegetarian cabbage soup recipe to try?
Vegan Cabbage Soup instructions
- This recipe makes a LOT of soup, if you are making the recipe as written dig out your BIG crockpot :).
- Peel, wash, chop, everything! It all goes in the crockpot at the same time. Turn to high and forget about it for the day. Well actually the smell of cooking cabbage prevents you from forgetting about it but other than the occasional completely useless stir you don't actually have to DO anything else until 6 to 8 hours later when you serve it..
Perfect for those cold winter days, this Spicy Cabbage Detox Soup is packed full of veggies, spices and a delicious vegan beef broth. This time of year there is nothing better than a bowl of piping hot soup. Fresh basil gives this light vegan cabbage soup a wonderful aroma and flavor. Our plan was simply to eat cabbage soup once a day for a week and not to restrict ourselves in any way. Vegan.io looks great on mobile devices too!