Recipe: Delicious Chicken Taco Soup
Chicken Taco Soup. A hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings, slow cooked with shredded chicken. Top each bowl with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Made mostly of canned ingredients, this tasty soup lets the slow cooker do the work so you don't have to!
In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. A warm tasty soup full of chicken, beans, corn, spices, and of course – tortilla strips on top! Add it all together and create one amazingly easy dish that is thrown into a stove top pot or slow cooker. You can have Chicken Taco Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Taco Soup
- It’s 1 of small whole chicken.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can of pinto beans-drained.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can of black beans-drained.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can of sweet corn-drained.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of can of green enchilada sauce.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 (4 oz) of can of diced green chilies.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can of chicken broth.
- You need 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- You need of Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder.
- You need 2 cups of Mexican cheese blend.
As the taco soup is cooking the flavors begin to combines creating an irresistible soup. It is thick, rich and chunky! This easy slow cooker soup combines chicken, green chiles, and tomatoes with peppers and onions in a creamy, mushroom soup-based sauce. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend ingredients.
Chicken Taco Soup instructions
- Instead of boiling and shredding the chicken, my supermarket had whole shredded rotisserie chickens ready to go. I recommend that route..
- Put your liner in your Crockpot, I never use it without. Combine all ingredients and mix in the seasonings to your liking,.
- Put the Crockpot on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 8. Half way through put 1 cup of the cheese in, and sue the other to put on top when you serve it. Garnish with corn chips. Enjoy..
Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly just until covered by the other ingredients. Chicken Taco Soup is a quick and easy soup for a cold night! One of our favorite crock pot meals that can be made in the slow cooker or on the stove top. Serve this with some sweet cornbread and a guacamole salad! Easy Chicken Taco Soup is full of the same flavors found in your favourite chicken tacos, but in soup form.