Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can cook Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 1 lb of shredded, cooked chicken.
- It’s 15 oz of can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed.
- It’s 10 oz of can enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 oz of can chopped green chile peppers.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 14 1/2 oz of can chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 10 oz of package frozen corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 7 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of avocado cut into bite size pieces..
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into slow cooker..
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf..
- Stir in corn and cilantro..
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours..
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C)..
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet..
- Bake on preheated oven until crisp, about 10-15 minutes..
- To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup..
- Other ideas…try adding a can of kidney beans (rinsed)…add some grated cheddar cheese…add some chopped avocado..