Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup. Try Our Easy-To-Make Potato Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Searching for a new family-favorite meal to take some pressure off the dinner hour?
Potatoes cook all day in the slow cooker until they've broken down into a creamy broth. Stir in the thickener of half-and-half and flour during the last half hour and the. In small bowl, beat cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth. You can cook Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
- It’s 32 oz of frozen diced potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 8 oz of shrdded cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced bacon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of green onions, sliced (optional).
When it is this cold, who doesn't love a good soup! To be perfectly honest, I am a little gun shy when it comes to potato recipes. I LOVE potatoes, but I am not good at peeling them or cutting them. However, I am happy to say that I had the prep work done for this Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Soup in no time flat!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup instructions
- Mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water in 4 quart slow cooker..
- Cover, cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hours..
- In small bowl mix flour into milk, stir into potato mixture. Increase heat to high. Cook 20-30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and bacon. Garnish with green onions if desired..
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY POTATO SOUP IN THE SLOW COOKER. Cook onion in butter until translucent. In a separate bowl whisk together flour and milk until well combined and smooth. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Potato soup is good, but potato soup with smoky bacon and melty cheese is even better!