Recipe: Yummy slow cooker potato soup
slow cooker potato soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is easy to make in the crock-pot, and it's perfectly thick and creamy and flavorful (without having to use heavy The keywords, of course, being slow cooker. Many of you have already discovered my classic Potato Soup recipe on the blog, which will forever. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined.
In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk and The best part of slow cooker meals like this Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup is that they're perfect for weeknights now that everyone is back to school or for. I love potatoes but can't stand the work involved in making mashed potatoes from scratch. You can have slow cooker potato soup using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of slow cooker potato soup
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken soup.
- You need 2 large of carrots, diced.
- You need 4 of stalks celery, diced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 5 lb of potatoes, peeled & cubed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- You need 2/3 cup of crumbled cooked bacon.
I came up with this simple side dish that was made even easier thanks to my slow cooker. The best part is I can use the leftover broth for soup the next day! This slow cooker potato soup is rich and hearty, plus the slow cooker does all the work! I've hesitated to make potato soup for quite some time because all I could think about is how creamy and carby it must be.
slow cooker potato soup instructions
- cook onion in butter over med. heat until translucent. add garlic. stir in flour, then add stock. add in carrots & celery & season with salt & pepper. heat through & stir in milk. place potatoes & bay leaf in slow cooker with mixture. cook on low for 8 hrs. or high for 4-5 hrs..
- puree 4 c. of soup & stir back in. stir in cheese & bacon..
Surely it's not good for me to eat that every day, right? The refined flavor of potatoes and leeks are often overshadowed by bacon and fennel, so here we've gone back to basics, simmering the classic combo all day in the slow cooker. Place the potatoes, onion, butter, chicken bouillon cubes, parsley and water into a slow cooker. In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, and pepper. If your potatoes are still in big chunks you need to cook it longer.