Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup. Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Hearty, flavorful.and easy!
Cover and cook on low until. In many parts of California, chicken tortilla soup can be made with a tomato base that's thickened with ground tortillas. Beans are sometimes included, but fried tortilla strips are almost always added as a garnish. You can have Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup
- It’s 1 of onion,chopped.
- Prepare 4 of frozen chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz) diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 can of (4 oz) chopped mild green chilies.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz) mild red enchilada sauce.
- You need 2 clove of garlic,minced.
- You need 1 can of (14.5 oz) chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of each cumin, chili powder & salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 packages of (10 oz) frozen corn.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Lime wedges,shredded parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado slices and tortilla chips for serving.
This slow-cooker tortilla soup is just the beginning. Check out Betty's best soup recipes. How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker.
Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup step by step
- ace the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Layer the frozen chicken breast on top..
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juice, green chilies, enchilada sauce, garlic, chicken broth, spices and bay leaf..
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Remove chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker..
- Stir in corn. Continue to heat until corn is hot..
- Add a handful of chopped cilantro..
Add onion, garlic and spices and chicken. Shred chicken then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice. Allow to cook until heated through. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is a quick and easy meal you'll enjoy making no matter what the weather is, but you will love it even more this January because in addition to being delicious, it is healthy to boot! Chicken Tortilla Soup is sort of a base soup people love to top with lots of different options.