Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Slow-cooker Ham and Lentil soup
Slow-cooker Ham and Lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Season with basil, thyme, oregano, the bay leaf and pepper. Serve the soup with fried pieces of chopped ham (make sure you do this!
It takes the soup to another level!). This lentil soup is super easy to prepare, and it cooks hands-free in the slow cooker. Use leftover diced ham or country ham in this tasty soup. You can have Slow-cooker Ham and Lentil soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow-cooker Ham and Lentil soup
- It’s 1 lb of pre-cooked spiral ham.
- It’s 1/2 lb of dried split green peas.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of dried lentils.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots, finely shredded.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth.
Serve with cornbread or freshly baked Southern buttermilk biscuits for a delicious everyday lunch or dinner. Slow-Cooker Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Stew. Crock Pot Lentil and Ham Soup. Easy to make in the crock pot.
Slow-cooker Ham and Lentil soup step by step
- Dice ham into 1" cubes..
- Add all ingredients to slow-cooker..
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours..
- Stir, salt and pepper to taste..
- Raise heat to high, cook for 2 hours stirring occasionally..
Warm and hearty, with a light smokiness from the ham.. If you're going to spend the time making a big gorgeous Easter ham, you might as well make an extra big one and plan for tasty leftover ham recipes throughout the week. This recipe for Slow Cooker Ontario Ham & Lentil Soup is comfort food at its best and could not be easier to pull off. Pair this thick and meaty soup with a crisp green salad tossed with orange segments and a tangy orange vinaigrette. Season with basil, thyme, oregano, the bay leaf and pepper.