Recipe: Yummy Chicken and Wild Rice Slow Cooker Soup
Chicken and Wild Rice Slow Cooker Soup. This crockpot chicken mushroom wild rice soup. Which is basically like chicken noodle soup. Stir chicken and milk mixture into the slow cooker.
They needed a good home cooked meal. Just don't tell them that Top with chicken breast halves. Cozying up to a bowl of this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup on a cold, winter day will warm you right up! You can cook Chicken and Wild Rice Slow Cooker Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Wild Rice Slow Cooker Soup
- You need 1 cup of wild rice, uncooked.
- Prepare 24 oz of chicken breasts.
- You need 3/4 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of celery, chopped.
- You need 6 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
Perfect for meal prep and freezer-friendly, too. When rice and chicken are done cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan. I moved a couple months ago and my slow cooker was my best friend until we got unpacked. A cozy chicken wild rice soup made right in the slow cooker.
Chicken and Wild Rice Slow Cooker Soup step by step
- Place chicken, wild rice, onions, celery, carrots and poultry seasoning in a crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 7 – 8 hours..
- Remove chicken and shred. Return to crock pot..
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk together. After one minute, slowly add the milk while whisking constantly to prevent clumping..
- Add the butter mixture to the crockpot and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
This soup is creamy, loaded with vegetables, plus the ingredients are right in your pantry! Luckily for me, I had a big slow cooker full of this creamy chicken wild rice soup to slurp up all Sunday. My poor throat thanks me times a million. Long grain wild rice cooks along with the soup into tender grains. A piping hot bowl is just the right solution as an appetizer or dinner on chilly nights.