Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious French Onion Soup Crockpot
French Onion Soup Crockpot. Slow Cooker French Onion Soup is one of our favorite meals made in the crock pot! As with any traditional French onion soup, this recipe features a beefy broth loaded with caramelized onions and herbs and topped with an amazing Gruyere cheese topping! Beefy French onion soup is made in the slow cooker, then topped with the traditional slice of toasted French bread and a savory mixture of four cheeses Stir sherry into onion mixture and scrape bottom of pot to dissolve small bits of browned food from the pot.
We're throwing them all in the crockpot, and letting it do all the work for us. All we do is add our bread slices and cheese. Then we broil the crap out of it until golden brown. You can have French Onion Soup Crockpot using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup Crockpot
- You need 4 of large onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 3 tablespoon of flour.
- Prepare 2 quarts of beef stock or chicken stock.
- You need of Cheese toast:.
- You need 4 slices of Italian bread.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of shredded reduced-fat Italian mixed cheese or swiss cheese.
Perfect French onion soup, absolutely hands-off. This is why slow cookers exist, you guys. Key Steps for Slow Cooker French Onion Soup. You can use your mandoline, a food processor, or a chef's knife to make quick.
French Onion Soup Crockpot instructions
- Place the onions, butter, oil, sugar, and flour into a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on high for 40 minutes. Add the stock and reduce to low. Cook for 8 hours.
- Cheese Toast: Place 4 thin slices of Italian bread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each with a teaspoon of shredded reduced-fat Italian mixed cheese or swiss cheese. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
A classic French Onion Soup prepared in the crockpot and loaded with incredible flavor, caramelized onions, and CHEESE! This fantastic Slow Cooker French Onion Soup makes a hearty meal and it's SO easy to make, especially since the slow cooker/crock pot does all the work! Set your crock pot on high, then add onions, garlic, brown sugar, butter, salt and balsamic and mix until combined. I mean, it's crockpot french onion soup! It really doesn't get too much easier, as you will see in the video!