How to Cook Tasty Greek Lemon and Rice Soup Crockpot
Greek Lemon and Rice Soup Crockpot. Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Lemon Rice Soup-this is a thick and hearty version of creamy Greek avgolemono soup. It has tender bites of chicken, rice, carrots and of course fresh lemon juice. Get the INSTANT POT Greek Chicken Lemon Rice Soup recipe here.
In Greek cooking, avgolemono is often a sauce served with chicken and rice, or used as a rich broth in this soup. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. You can cook Greek Lemon and Rice Soup Crockpot using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Lemon and Rice Soup Crockpot
- Prepare 3 cans of (about 14 ounces each) fat free reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain white rice (not converted or instant rice).
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper or black pepper.
- It’s 4 of thin slices lemon (optional).
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of finely chopped parsely (optional).
Add broth, garlic, leek, carrots, onion, lemon zest, chicken, salt and pepper into slow cooker. Mix together the lemon juice and egg yolks until frothy. Add broth, onions, garlic, lemon zest, chicken and red pepper to the slow cooker. Whisk together the juice from the lemon and the egg yolks.
Greek Lemon and Rice Soup Crockpot step by step
- Combine broth and rice in crockpot. Cover; cook on high 2 to 3 hours or until rice is tender.
- Turn crockpot slow cooker to low. Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice in medium bowl. Whisk large spoonful of hot rice mixture into wgg yolk mixture. Whisk black into crockpot. Cook 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon slice and chopped parsley, if desired..
Add them into the slow cooker and turn the slow cooker to high. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Press or finely dice garlic and add to pot along with ground pepper. Sprinkle both sides of each frozen breast with seasonings, add to pot. Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.