Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef)
Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef).
You can have Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef) using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef)
- You need 2 lb of Beef Shank (Cut into 1/2" pcs).
- Prepare 2 lb of Beef stew meat (Cut into 1/2"pcs).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of EVOO.
- You need 2 Tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 of med onion chopped.
- You need 3 cans (14 oz) of Beef broth.
- You need 4 cups of water (approx).
- You need 3 of med to lrg Carrots (chopped).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cilantro.
- You need 2 of lrg Potato (chopped).
- It’s 2 ears of corn (cut in half) more if u like corn.
- It’s 2 of chayote (quartered).
- It’s 1 of med head of Cabbage (cored cut into wedges).
- It’s 2 of Serrano Peppers (sliced).
- Prepare 1 bunch of Celery (chopped).
- It’s 1 of Zucchini (chopped).
- You need 1 Tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 Tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 4-5 cloves of garlic (peeled and chopped).
- You need of All vegetables should be peeled.
Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef) step by step
- Cut the meat from the beef bones into about 1/2 inch pieces, leaving some on the bones. Heat a heavy soup pot over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the oil, tilting the pan to coat the bottom. Add the meat and bones, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until thoroughly browned..
- Add 1 onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned. Stir in the jalapeños and broth. The liquid should cover the bones by 1/2 inch. If not, add enough water to compensate. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour with the lid on loosely. If meat is not tender, continue cooking for another 10 minutes or so..
- Pour in the rest of the water, and return to a simmer. Add the carrot and 1/4 cup cilantro, and cook for 10 minutes, then stir in the rest of vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. At this time taste and adjust flavor if needed. Once tender Push the cabbage wedges into the soup, and cook for about 10 more minutes..