Recipe: Tasty Slow Cooker Nacho Potato Soup
Slow Cooker Nacho Potato Soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is thick, creamy, flavorful, and made extra easy in the crock pot! The first step in this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is probably the most time consuming — chopping up a storm. Chop up lots of potatoes (I strongly recommend Yukon golds), a big onion.
Ladle soup into bowl and top with favorite nacho toppings. Nacho Potato Soup. "This soup is super easy to make! Since it starts with a box of au gratin potatoes, you don't have to peel or slice them," shares Sherry Dickerson of Sebastopol, Mississippi. "A co-worker recommended the recipe to me. You can cook Slow Cooker Nacho Potato Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Nacho Potato Soup
- It’s of Soup.
- It’s 1/4 of White Onion.
- You need 1 of Green Tomato.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeno Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Green Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 of Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s 3 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 cup of Vegetable Stock.
- Prepare 3 cup of Milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of Salted Butter.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of Slurry.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- You need 1/3 cup of Cold Water.
Now my husband requests it often." Potatoes and cheese? This top-rated, six-ingredient slow-cooker potato soup is unbelievably easy and amazingly delicious for those nights when only something warm and comforting will do. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread for a complete meal. This slow cooker potato soup is rich and hearty, plus the slow cooker does all the work!
Slow Cooker Nacho Potato Soup instructions
- Dice onion, green tomato, jalapeno, and green pepper. Add to medium nonstick skillet with teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes..
- Transfer cooked onion mixture to slow cooker, along with the remainder of the soup ingredients, EXCEPT cheese. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours..
- When cooked, add cheddar cheese to soup and stir until fully melted..
- Make a slurry by stirring together the cornstarch and water in a separate cup/bowl. Add gradually to the soup until you reach the desired thickness. You may or may not use all of the slurry..
This soup is so delicious that not only did I gobble down two bowls as soon as I was finished making it (tsk, tsk), but I didn't even bother to add the "toppings" that I had bought for it (cheddar, green onion, parsley). Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Cover and cook on low heat for Was looking for a good cream of potato soup for Christmas then your recipe popped up. Looks delicious, wondering if chopped ham would be ok to. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.