Recipe: Tasty Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot)
Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot). Crock Pot Great Northern BeansFlour On My Face. Great Northern Bean Soup With Ham Recipes. Crock Pot Great Northern BeansSkinny & Tasty.
How to Make Great Northern Bean N Ham Soup / Crock Pot. Place your beans in a large bowl; cover with water and soak overnight. After soaking, pick through and discard any stones or shriveled beans. You can have Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot)
- Prepare 1 lb of dry great northern beans.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 2 of medium carrots.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of beef boullion paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all time favorite comfort foods. This easy recipe is made in the Crock Pot and takes just minutes to prepare! Pressure Cook This Ham & White Bean Soup recipe for quicker results! A simple but filling soup that's made in the crockpot.
Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) instructions
- Soak beans in water overnight (can do this in the crockpot with it unplugged).
- Drain water and pick out bad or split beans..
- Chop celery, carrots, garlic, and onion. Add to crockpot along with bay leaves..
- Add enough water to cover ingredients. 4 cups worked for me. Can add more if needed..
- Add beef bouillon paste (I use better than bouillon beef base), butter, and olive oil..
- Cook on high for 6 hours..
- Remove bay leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Can use immersion blender to puree part of the soup to thicken if preferred..
- Enjoy :).
With how flavorful it is, your guests will be Always used great northern beans as they are a bit smaller. To serve, a piece of corn bread is crumbled in a. My favorite dried beans are great northern beans. I used to make split pea soup with our leftover ham bone but no one but me would eat Cooking the dried beans in a crock pot takes care of the soaking over night issue. But be sure you rinse them well and pick out.