How to Cook Perfect Crock pot ham and bean soup
Crock pot ham and bean soup. Make This Tasty Sweet Bean Salad Recipe Using Bush's® Beans. Pin This To Your Board Today! Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today!
Tips for making Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup. Be sure to cut the celery, carrots, and onion as uniformly as possible for the most even, tender results.; You can use leftover ham and a ham bone, leftover ham and no bone, or buy pre-packaged cooked ham from the grocery store and use it instead.; If you don't have fresh herbs on hand you can also use dried herbs. Then remove all meat from the bone. You can cook Crock pot ham and bean soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock pot ham and bean soup
- You need 1 lb of white beans.
- Prepare 1 of ham bone.
- You need 2 cup of diced ham.
- Prepare 36 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 of carrots- chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks- chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
This soup is prepared and cooked with simple seasonings and a ham bone or diced ham. I add some chopped celery and carrots, but it is very good with just onions as well. The slow cooker makes this bean soup a snap to prepare, and it makes a great meal with hot baked cornbread, biscuits , or freshly baked bread or rolls warm from the oven. Ham and Bean Soup Crock Pot Recipe This hearty slow cooker ham and beans is quick, easy and oh so filling!
Crock pot ham and bean soup step by step
- Soak dry beans for 8 hours. I add baking soda to reduce side effects of beans. Rinse very well..
- Melt butter, add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time until a paste is made and everything is mixed together..
- Dice ham and add to crock pot with bone and beans..
- Add chicken broth to carrot mixture. Pour into crock pot with other ingredients..
- Add spices and seasoning to soup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
You are going to love how simple this. The ham gives the soup a delicious flavor that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Since it's made in the slow cooker, it's a breeze to make. This Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup calld for using the ham bone. I took the leftover bone and meat on it and cut off the excess meat into cubes.