Recipe: Tasty Crockpot Tomato Soup
Crockpot Tomato Soup. This creamy, rich crockpot tomato soup is made in the slow cooker with tomatoes, herbs, milk and Pecorino Romano cheese, plus the cheese rind for added flavor. Deliciously nutritious and comforting soup really doesn't get any easier than my mildly-spiced crockpot tomato lentil soup! Just chuck the ingredients into your slow cooker, set the time, and.
It is rich and creamy and just perfect on a winters night! It's a big favorite in our house and I hope you enjoy it as much as. Crockpot Tomato Basil Soup is one of the most popular soup recipes on my blog! You can cook Crockpot Tomato Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Tomato Soup
- It’s 1 of 28oz Can of Diced Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of 8oz Can of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh finely chopped basil.
- Prepare 3 clove of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Medium White Onion-diced.
- You need 1 cup of Heavy Cream or Half & Half.
- It’s 4 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 2 cup of Shredded Parmesan.
- Prepare of Roux.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream or half&half.
Tomato basil soup is one of the original comfort foods. This Crockpot Tomato Tortellini Soup is as easy as throwing a few ingredients into your slow cooker and letting it cook all day. Plus, helllooo there's tortellini, so you know it's going to be a crowd favorite! Well, now, we're a tomato soup household.
Crockpot Tomato Soup instructions
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and next 7 ingredients (through chicken broth) into crockpot. Cover and cook for 2 hours on High or 4-8 on Low. Occasionally stir and scrape down sides..
- About 30-40 minutes before serving transfer to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Then return to crockpot..
- Once blended prepare roux: In a saucepan melt butter on medium heat. Add flour, mix until clumpy, continuously stirring for about a minute until flour is blended. Slowly whisk in heavy cream or half&half adding a little at a time..
- Pour roux and parmesan cheese into crockpot and mix. Allow to cook another 20-30 minutes until cheese is completely melted and give it a good stir before serving.
- Top with additional basil and parmesan cheese if so desired and serve with crackers!.
And because we're all sick, no one has the energy to cook. That's why we threw everything into the crockpot. Ben helped and made the croutons, with extra. Smooth tomato soup packed with flavor and great for chilly days or year round really. With just six main ingredients this Crockpot tomato soup is quick for me to throw together in the morning.