Perfect Potato Soup for crockpot. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Crockpot Potato Soup is pure comfort food – perfect for busy nights and it's extra easy since it's made in the slow cooker. Top your slow cooker potato soup off with some grated cheddar, fried bacon, and green onions for extra flavor.
The ultimate comfort food in a bowl! Just throw it all in the crockpot and forget it! During the colder months, I crave all types of creamy and comforting soup recipes. You can have Perfect Potato Soup for crockpot using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Perfect Potato Soup for crockpot
- You need 5 of medium gold potatoes. diced small.
- You need 1/2 of white onion. chopped.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic. chopped.
- You need 2 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
This is often a go-to of mine, as well as broccoli cheddar soup, ham and potato soup, corn chowder and chicken pot pie soup. Slice, dice, and get that Crock-Pot potato soup simmering! The first step is simple, but it's the most time-consuming part of making slow-cooker potato soup. Notes on Crock Pot Potato Soup.
Perfect Potato Soup for crockpot step by step
- Once all your ingredients are chopped/diced, set crockpot to high, add potatoes..
- In a saucepan, on med heat, heat olive oil, add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent..
- Turn saucepan heat to low. On top of the onion, garlic, add cans of soup, butter, milk, sour cream and pepper. Stir until all is mixed well. Add to potatoes in crockpot..
- Once all that is mixed together in the crockpot, add vegetable broth. Mix well. Put your lid on and cook on high for 5 hours..
- Enjoy! This one is fantastic 🙂 top with shredded cheese or green onion if you wish..
However, since this soup has a precooking step and because it has a cream and cheese base, we recommend this stove top safe slow cooker that has a great non-stick surface. The crock can go straight from the browning step on the stove into the slow cooker unit without dirtying another dish and the non-stick surface. Once all your ingredients are chopped/diced, set crockpot to high, add potatoes. In a saucepan, on med heat, heat olive oil, add onion and garlic. On top of the onion, garlic, add cans of soup, butter, milk, sour cream and pepper.