How to Cook Perfect Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker
Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Soup is a simple homemade tomato soup that is easy to make right in your crockpot! Crock pot soups are perfect to come home to when the weather starts getting colder. A few more favorites are my Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup, Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup, and Chipotle Chicken Zucchini "Fideo" Soup.
Add plum tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato sauce, parsley sprigs, salt, and sugar to the slow cooker. Puree the soup using an immersion blender. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. You can have Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 of large carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 8 of large tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- You need 2 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of each dried thyme, dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream (or half & half).
Cover and cook on low until tomatoes are. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. To make the parmesan cheddar croutons, spread bread cubes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with cheeses. There are plenty of tomato-based recipes that you can do in the slow cooker.
Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease the slow cooker and place all of the ingredients inside EXCEPT for the parmesan cheese and the cream. Place the lid on and cook either on low heat for 6-7 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours..
- After cook time is up, puree the soup using either an immersion blender or a classic blender. If using a classic blender, blend it up in batches and leave room for the steam to escape while blending..
- Once the soup is pureed and smooth, place it back in the slow cooker and stir in the parmesan cheese and the cream. Taste and season with any additional seasonings you think it needs. At this point, I usually add more salt and pepper, more basil and some paprika..
- Place the lid back on with the heat at low for 25-30 more minutes, until the soup is heated through. Then serve immediately..
- Refrigerate any leftover soup. To reheat it, just place the desired amount in a saucepan over med-high heat and simmer for 5 or so minutes, until heated through. If I have a good amount of soup leftover, then sometimes I'll use the leftover soup as a pasta sauce for an easy dinner option..
For example, I love making a good marinara sauce in the slow cooker. It's perfect for pasta and much more. Another great soup that you can make in the slow cooker is the pumpkin soup. It's rich, creamy, and the perfect dish for a cold winter's day. Rice in the soup is an alternative way to make this soup gluten-free and thickening it at the same time.