Recipe: Delicious Slow Cooker Johnny Soup
Slow Cooker Johnny Soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is easy to make in the crock-pot, and it's perfectly thick and creamy and flavorful (without having to use heavy cream)! The first step in this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is probably the most time consuming — chopping up a storm. Chop up lots of potatoes (I.
Slow Cooker Pea Soup Tips and Variations. If you can't find smoked ham hocks, use a leftover ham bone or ham steak. If you don't eat pork, you can swap the ham for a smoked turkey leg. You can cook Slow Cooker Johnny Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Johnny Soup
- Prepare 1 package (16 ounces) of dried cannellini beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1-2 Cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves, minced, or 2-3 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of Dried Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary, crushed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 6 cups of cold water.
- It’s 1-2 cups of ham, chopped/cubed.
- You need 2-3 of Bay Leaves.
To make this vegetarian, leave the ham out, swap the broth for vegetarian broth and add more salt. Slow Cooker Cheeseburger soup is heaven in a bowl, try to eat just one serving! This soup is decadent, great for a celebration or a comforting Sunday dinner. How to make cheeseburger soup: To start this soup out in the crock pot it will seem like a broth not creamy based soup, don't fret, all the.
Slow Cooker Johnny Soup step by step
- Rinse the beans to get rid of any debris, then add to the slow cooker..
- Add the carrots and onion to the pot. Also add the garlic, if you are using cloves..
- Stir to mix together..
- Place the ham on top of everything, then pour the water on top of that..
- Sprinkle the herbs and spices on top.
- Stir slightly, then add the bay leaves to the soup. Place the cover on top of the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours..
The slow cooker is a mainstay of modern American cooking — but it's not just you and me firing up the Crock-Pot on a weeknight. "And I'm here to show you the easiest slow cooker version of B-Man's most beloved soup ever. It uses frozen broccoli, which ups the easy factor without sacrificing. Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. If you'd like the rest of the vegetables in your soup to retain.