How to Prepare Tasty Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker. Make This Black Beans and Rice Recipe with Bush's® Beans. Pin This Recipe To Your Board! Grimes Black Beans, peppers, onions, garlic, salsa, chicken broth, and dried herbs and spices are added to a slow cooker then simmered until the vegetables are tender.
For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer's directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature. Add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and carrots; saute for about five minutes until the onion softens and begins to turn transluscent. You can have Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need of Black Bean Soup:.
- Prepare 2 cans (15 oz.) of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of salsa (whatever kind).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground coriander, pepper.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- Prepare of Rice:.
- You need 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of unsalted vegetable broth.
In a large pot over medium-high heat, place the beans in three times their volume of water. Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup is made with dry beans and flavored with a ham hock! Makes for a great budget meal. Black beans aren't used enough in recipes!
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
Whether you make this black bean soup, kielbasa black bean soup or my refried black beans you'll be set! Vegan Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup A bowl of this easy Vegan Black Bean Soup is the perfect weeknight meal! Stir the beans, aromatics, and water together until just combined. Black Bean and Rice Soup Ingredients This soup is full of pantry staples like beans and rice, it is easy to put together and then let slow cook all day! I meal prepped this in my slow cooker for a busy week and it was so nice to have dinner done and waiting for us after a busy day.