Recipe: Yummy Oxtail Soup
Oxtail Soup. Oxtail is often used on its own to make beef stock for many soup recipes as it's known to be a gelatinous rich meat that is great for stews. There are several different regional versions of this dish; the British recipe is made with onions, carrots, celery, and thyme. A lovely, heartwarming soup sure to please.
Add the tomatoes, bouillon, seasonings and water. Spread on a shallow roasting pan. Oxtail soup, made with simple ingredients and a long slow simmer is one of those good old-time comfort soups that are extra special in the cold winter months. You can cook Oxtail Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oxtail Soup
- Prepare 1 kg of oxtail.
- Prepare 10 of shallots.
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of carrots (cut into 3 parts each).
- Prepare 1 of celery.
- It’s 1/2 of ginger (sliced).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Additional portions of vegetables can change this oxtail soup into a thick and nutritious oxtail stew. Whenever I make this oxtail soup it brings to mind happy memories of my dad. I have been making oxtail soup for years my grandmother's recipe. I can't imagine boiling the tails with the veggies!
Oxtail Soup instructions
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Blend shallots and garlic.
- Sauteed the blended onion, then put on some nutmeg seeds..
- Put the onion paste into the boiling water, then add some sliced ginger on it..
- Add the oxtail in, bring to boil and tender. Or it might be cooked with slow cooker..
- Serve with celery, lime, fried shallot, and chilli paste..
I always brown my tails and meat add onion and celery bay leaves a can of tomatoes and water. The meat is rich enough you don't need the salty artificial flavor of beef bouillon cubes. Instead of potatoes I add barley. If using a cast iron , only use about a Tablespoon of oil. Place oxtail in a pot and cover with cold water.