Recipe: Yummy Vegetable Soup
Vegetable Soup. Say Yes to Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted for Sippable Satisfaction. Now Choose From Multiple Delicious Vegetable Recipes To Cook A Perfect Meal. In a large stock pot, combine broth, tomato juice, water, potatoes, carrots, celery, undrained chopped tomatoes, green beans, and corn.
Full of flavor and so easy to make you can't go wrong with a big warm bowl of vegetable soup. In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrots, onions, celery and green pepper until crisp-tender. Heat the olive oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat. You can have Vegetable Soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Soup
- You need of Option: I normally start out with 1 large can or bottle of V8 juice… fill the can or bottle with water and mix in 5-7 quart pot.
- Prepare of This time I did not have any V8 juice. I used one 24 ounce of crushed tomatoes, filling the can four times with water. Added to pot.
- It’s of While the liquids are cooking on low heat. Prep:.
- It’s 5-6 of Medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite size pieces.
- It’s 5/6 of large carrots cleaned and cut into large bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1-2 of large bell peppers cleans a cut into large bite size.
- It’s 2-3 of large sweet onions roughly chopped.
- Prepare of I save celery tops with leaves, I tossed in three for flavor.
- It’s 3-5 of fresh Cloves minced garlic.
- It’s 8 of Roma tomatoes peeled and quartered, 1 pint of yellow and red grape tomatoes.
- You need of White cabbage roughly chopped.
- It’s of I add enough Raw sugar to cut the tartness. (I do not like tart).
- You need of I add 2-16 ounce bags of Small cut frozen vegetables to make up for peas, adding more carrots, green beans etc.. I like lots of vegetables.
- Prepare of Seasonings I use my favorites. Feel free to use what you like.
- It’s of I do not measure : dash of celery seed, cumin, paprika, Salt, onion powder, Roasted Garlic powder, dash of cinnamon (this cuts acidity).
- It’s Dash of Nutmeg, I like lots of fresh ground pepper and kosher salt to taste.
- You need of Dried : Pinch of : basil, oregano, 2-3 bay leaves, Italian,.
Adding the asparagus at this stage of cooking, before adding any vegetable or chicken broth, ensures it gets nice and tender while caramelizing a bit. Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. This easy vegetable soup recipe is one I've been making for years because it's such a fail-safe and delicious way to get all the vegetables I possibly can into my family. The great thing about homemade vegetable soup is that you can customize it to suit your taste but also to use up any and every vegetable you have in the kitchen.
Vegetable Soup instructions
- Sometime I cook in slow cooker all day. This time I cooked on top of the stove, on low all day..
- Taste carefully, adjust to your taste.
- Allow to cook at least 4-6 hours on low or until carrots and potatoes are tender..
- The great things about recipes, you can add what you like, take away what you do not like. Adjust to your liking and enjoy.
- Sometimes I can my soups. Yummy 😋.
Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, seasonal vegetables and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-low heat. Flavor variations for the best vegetable soup recipe: To make vegetable beef soup/ground beef vegetable soup, cook ground beef first and drain fat. Then, follow rest of the same steps. To make chicken vegetable soup, add some shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken pieces in the soup at the end.