Easiest Way to Make Delicious French Onion & Beef Soup
French Onion & Beef Soup. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons and cheese on top of a large piece of.
Caramelising onions calls for patience, but it's worth it. French Onion Soup is a classic soup recipe for good reason! French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. You can cook French Onion & Beef Soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Onion & Beef Soup
- Prepare 1 of Large (2 lb.) London Broil.
- Prepare 3 of Yellow Onions.
- You need 3 of Sweet Onions.
- Prepare 2 of Red Onions.
- Prepare 2 of Shallots.
- Prepare 4 oz. of Sliced Mushrooms.
- You need 64 oz. of Beef Stock.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Marsala Cooking Wine.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Garlic minced.
- You need 4-5 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Gruyere Cheese (or Aged Swiss).
- Prepare of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 1 of Baguette.
But only a handful of frugal ingredients make up this restaurant favorite. Learn how to make French onion soup with this classic French onion soup recipe! It's easy to make, full of amazing flavor, and can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock. Classic French Onion Soup is one of the most delicious soups in the world!
French Onion & Beef Soup step by step
- Slow cook (Crockpot) London Broil in 64 oz. Beef Stock until fall apart tender. Pull beef in broth..
- Sauté Onions in butter and generous amount of Olive Oil and Marsala Wine until browned, soft and translucent. 45-60 minutes. Add Garlic & Mushrooms and stir. Add Bay Leaves and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Remove Bay Leaves. Add Beef and broth. Stir well to mix onion mixture, beef and broth..
- Fill ceramic Crocks with soup. Place toasted cuts of baguette over soup, top with generous portions of gruyere and finish with sprinkles of Parmesan. Toast under broiler until cheese is bubbling and golden..
French onion soup is loved by so many, however, it can also can be quite intimidating for some readers to try. French Onion Soup makes a comforting, classic bowl of soup! Made with caramelized onions a slice of crusty bread and melty, delicious cheese! Includes stovetop and slow cooker methods! This is the version of French Onion Soup that people seek when they go to restaurants.