How to Cook Perfect Vegan Cabbage Soup
Vegan Cabbage Soup. Heat oil in a large pot on medium high heat. The cabbage is sweet, the dill and thyme so flavorful, and the chopped zucchini, carrots and potatoes make it a complete meal in a bowl. The trick is to first sauté all the vegetables, including the cabbage, before adding the water to your soup.
Nutrient rich and calorie poor – that 's what this Vegan Cabbage Soup is. Oh and delicious too – here we go. Heat the oil in a large pot and add the garlic, celery and onion. You can cook Vegan Cabbage Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Cabbage Soup
- You need 1 of red cabbage, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 5 of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 package of mushrooms, your choice, chopped.
- It’s 8-9 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1-2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 5-7 cups of water.
This cabbage soup is one of the best diet soup ever because cabbage makes it filling and added array of vegetable has so much flavor that it does not feel like a lite diet soup. Loaded Vegan Cabbage Soup, Mediterranean-Style This Mediterranean-Style vegetable and cabbage soup is hearty, rustic, and super satisfying. Colossal chunks of cabbage, potatoes, and carrots, cooked to perfection in a tomato broth, augmented with aromatics and warm Mediterranean spices. Heat the oil or water in a large pot over medium heat.
Vegan Cabbage Soup instructions
- This recipe makes a LOT of soup, if you are making the recipe as written dig out your BIG crockpot :).
- Peel, wash, chop, everything! It all goes in the crockpot at the same time. Turn to high and forget about it for the day. Well actually the smell of cooking cabbage prevents you from forgetting about it but other than the occasional completely useless stir you don't actually have to DO anything else until 6 to 8 hours later when you serve it..
Add the onion and fry until soft and beginning to turn golden brown. This Spicy Vegetarian Cabbage Soup recipe is chock-full of healthy veggies, it's naturally vegan and gluten-free, and so hearty and delicious. Feel free to make it as mild or knock-your-socks-off spicy as you'd like. But I finally discovered the magic of a really good bowl … Chicken stock and ground pork are the base for this savory Asian-inspired cabbage soup packed with veggies such as bean spouts, corn, and mushrooms, and seasoned with ginger, garlic, Szechuan and soy sauces, garlic, ginger, and a hit of heat from cayenne pepper. I adapted the soup from the Cabbage soup diet to make it more flavourful and also vegetarian.