How to Prepare Delicious Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
You'll love this super simple soup. How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. You can cook Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of shredded, cooked chicken.
- Prepare 15 oz of can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed.
- It’s 10 oz of can enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 oz of can chopped green chile peppers.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need 14 1/2 oz of can chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 10 oz of package frozen corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 7 of corn tortillas.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of avocado cut into bite size pieces..
Add onion, garlic and spices and chicken. Shred chicken then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice. Allow to cook until heated through. This slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe is filled with chicken, beans and veggies, all finished off with tortilla strips and a variety of toppings.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into slow cooker..
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf..
- Stir in corn and cilantro..
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours..
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C)..
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet..
- Bake on preheated oven until crisp, about 10-15 minutes..
- To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup..
- Other ideas…try adding a can of kidney beans (rinsed)…add some grated cheddar cheese…add some chopped avocado..
The perfect hearty meal for a cold night! You can never go wrong with soup, my family enjoys cheeseburger soup , hot and sour soup and this simple yet satisfying chicken tortilla soup. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is a quick and easy meal you'll enjoy making no matter what the weather is, but you will love it even more this January because in addition to being delicious, it is healthy to boot! Chicken Tortilla Soup is sort of a base soup people love to top with lots of different options. In many parts of California, chicken tortilla soup can be made with a tomato base that's thickened with ground tortillas.