Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup
Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup.
You can have Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup
- It’s 1 of large head cauliflower.
- It’s 1 of medium leek – thoroughly washed, cut into large pieces.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey or agave nectar (optional).
- It’s 2 cups of low sodium vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup instructions
- Preheat oven too 400°F. Cut cauliflower into 2" pieces. Spread cauliower and white part of leek on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower and leek, toss to coat. Place in oven and roast until very tender tender. About 35-40 min. Remove from oven, cover with another sheet of foil and let rest about 10 min..
- While cauliflower is resting mix curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne in a small bowl. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil. As soon as it melts add spices and sautée 20-30 SECONDS only..
- Add vegetable stock and salt (and honey/agave if desired). Stir to combine. Bring seasoned stock to a simmer. Let simmer about 5 minutes. Transfer stock to a heat safe bowl or pitcher..
- Uncover cauliflower/leek combo. Place half of combo in blender with half of vegetable stock. Blend to a nearly smooth puree. Pour back into sauce pan. Repeat process with remaining half of ingredients. Turn heat back on to medium low..
- Shake can of coconut milk vigorously to emulsify. Open and pour into saucepan with puree (reserve 1-2tsp for optional garnish). Stir to combine. Heat until just warmed through. Serve with na'an and enjoy!.