Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty crock pot split pea soup
crock pot split pea soup. Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. If you'd like the rest My question is, in addition to the cubed ham, can I also use that big, otherwise useless leftover ham bone to sit in the pea soup in my crock pot, and.
It's cooked in the crock pot and is easy to customize. Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home. All you need is a slow cooker, a ham bone or ham hocks, peas. You can have crock pot split pea soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of crock pot split pea soup
- It’s 16 oz of package split peas, soarted and rinsed.
- You need 2 cup of diced cooked ham.
- You need 3 of carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onions.
- It’s 2 clove of fresh garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 12 of sprigs fresh parsley.
- You need 1 tbsp of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 quart of water.
Making Split Pea Soup in the Slow Cooker is so easy and perfect for busy weeknight meals. It's also freezer friendly, so you can make a batch and freeze Not sure if my crock pot cooks too hot or what went wrong. It tastes fine, but there's absolutely no texture to this other than what the ham provides. This soup makes a huge batch, so if space is an issue in your Crock pot, I suggest cutting the recipe in half.
crock pot split pea soup step by step
- prepare ingredients by slicing carrots. chop parsley. dice onions..
- layer ingredients in crock pot in order listed..
- do not stir to mix!.
- pour water over layers..
- cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours until peas are soft..
- remove bay leaf; mash peas to thicken & stir to blend soup..
This also freezes nicely so if you do make a full batch but can't eat it Every year I make split pea w ham soup. First time I'm using my crockpot for it. This is a great recipe, cant wait for it to be done. This split pea and ham soup slow cooker recipes seriously couldn't be any easier. I think folks will have better results with those.