Recipe: Yummy Crockpot Navy Bean Soup
Crockpot Navy Bean Soup. Quick & Easy Great Northern Bean Recipes Your Family Will Love! Place all of the ingredients in the crock pot. Add enough water to generously cover the beans.
It's a comforting budget meal that's sure to please. I love a good bean soup recipe during the cold winter months. Fortunately, my whole family loves soup, so we're always trying new soup recipes. You can cook Crockpot Navy Bean Soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Navy Bean Soup
- You need 1 1/2 cup of dry navy beans.
- You need 5 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of carrot, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of celery, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 3/4 lb of ham hock.
This slow cooker navy bean soup recipe is quick and easy to make. I just love this bean soup recipe , my mom taught me how to make this years ago but I have changed it a bit to fit my tastes. You can make this soup with different types of beans if you prefer too. This soup can be made on the stove top too if you don't have a crock-pot.
Crockpot Navy Bean Soup step by step
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 15 hours.
- Remove ham hock and discard skin, fat and bone.
- Cut meat into small pieces and put back into pot.
- Good meal to use with New Year's hamhock.
This slow-cooker recipe couldn't be easier. Stir the ingredients, then position the ham bone in the middle of the mixture. Remove the ham hock from the crock pot and pick the meat from the bone. Discard the bone and chop the ham into bits. Adjust seasoning as needed before serving.